TGIF! We hope that everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to the weekend. These Banana Oatmeal Muffins from Well Plated are our favorite combination-- healthy, easy, fast, and delicious! They can be made in the blender, so it's an easy clean-up as well. There is no oil, no added sugars, and no flour!
- 2 cups of oats (quick or old fashioned!)
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 TBSP of honey
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Optional: up to 1/2 cups of mix-ins: chocolate chips, nuts, blueberries, raisins, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tin or paper liners.
- Place all ingredients-- except for the optional mix-ins-- in a blender or a food processor or blender. Blend for about three minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add your select mix-ins and stir them in.
- Divide the muffins between the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle additional toppings on the top, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The tops of the muffins should be set and a toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle of the muffin.
- Let them cool for ten minutes and enjoy!